ATHENAPowerLink® Baltimore is a yearlong mentorship program headquartered at Towson University, designed to assist women entrepreneurs with their business. We strive to give them invaluable tools for success: guidance, support, and advice from business experts who can offer direction and perspective.
To qualify for selection as an ATHENAPowerLink® Baltimore Client Business Owner, a business must meet the following criteria:
- Is at least 51% owned and actively managed by a woman or women.
- Has been in business for a minimum of two years.
- Has a minimum of two full-time employees (including the owner) or a number of part-time employees whose total work hours add up to two full-time positions.
- Has annual revenues of at least $250,000 for retail or manufacturing businesses, or at least $100,000 for service businesses.
- The owner must have clearly defined objectives and specific reasons for seeking an advisory panel.
Advisory Panel Member Responsibilities
The Advisory Panel and woman business owner (WBO) participants meet as a whole six times during the program year. Additional meetings are scheduled as deemed necessary by the Advisory Panel and the WBO to address specific issues. The meetings are as follows:
- Orientation and Training Session: meet, share introductions and cover the program year in detail including roles and responsibilities
- Initial Session: on-site visit of the WBO place of business
- Quarterly Meetings: designed to set goals, share advice and create action steps, and review progress